Fish & Chips Restaurant
Hutch's on the Beach
23928 people have been here
11:00 - 00:00
Open all year
Please note that Hutch's on the Beach and Hutch's Harbour Front are two separate restaurants that are owned and operated by different people.
Hutch's Dingley Dell founder William Hutchinson started his first hamburger eatery in 1946 after serving as a pilot in the C.A.F during WWII. Hutch, as he was known, along with his wife Marg leased the Harvest Moon Clear Lite and immediately began building a reputation not only for great food, but also for their strong community involvement.
In 1950 they bought the Dingley Dell property which moved them down the beach. This property and came with cottages and cabins. Hutch turned the main house into the Hutch's Dingley Dell restaurant, combining the two names, and continued to serve up great hot dogs and fresh hamburgers in that location for nearly four decades. Hutch's Dingley Dell survived while other restaurants did not.
In 1990 Hutch's made one more move down the beach to their current location. This building allowed them the space to combine the fish and chips and hamburgers under one roof and also expand the seating from the previous 7 booths to 35.
Since 1946, Hutch's has continued to build a reputation for fabulous fish and chips, hamburgers, hot dogs and fresh cut french fries. Hutch's is still family owned, and still involved in the community.