Filters
Ort ausw├Ąhlen
Sortiere nach
Turn off dark mode
Turn on dark mode
Sprache: German - Deutsch
├ťber uns

Landmark & Historical Place, Restaurant

Zunfthaus zur Meisen

Route planen
4.9/5

640 leute sind hier gewesen

adresse

M├╝nsterhof 20 Z├╝rich, Schweiz

preisklasse

$$$$

dienstleistungen

  • Reservierungen m├Âglich

story

The Zunfthaus zur Meisen is the guild house of the Zunft zur Meisen. It is one of the many historically valuable buildings in the Lindenhof quarter in Z├╝rich, Switzerland, and also houses the porcelain and faience collection of the Swiss National Museum. It is situated at the M├╝nsterhof and the M├╝nsterbr├╝cke, a bridge over the river Limmat, opposite the upper Limmatquai with the Constaffel, Zimmerleuten, K├Ąmbel and Saffran guild houses.HistoryThe Zunft zur MeisenIn 1449, the former Zunft zum Winl├╝tten built a house named der Meysen hus. That same year the guild, which was composed of vintners, tavern owners, saddlers and painters, changed their name to reflect the name of the house, Zunft zur Meisen .The Zunft zum Winl├╝tten, along with the other medieval Z├╝rich guilds, was founded in 1336, based on a system established by Rudolf Brun, Zurich's first independent mayor. Although the guilds represented various craft associations, they were also economic, political, social and even military organizations that participated in the wars of the medieval city republic as independent military units. They also constituted the councilors of the elitary council of the medieval city republic of Z├╝rich, until the French revolutionary troops terminated the guild regime, and the Old Swiss Confederacy collapsed in spring 1798.