Gym/Physical Fitness Center, Region, Street
983 persone sono state qui
fascia di prezzo
- Accetta prenotazioni
La Certosa is an island in the Venetian Lagoon, northern Italy. It is located north-east of Venice, less than 250m from San Pietro di Castello and little more than 500m from the Venice Lido. A 20m channel separates it from the Vignole island. La Certosa has a surface of some 22ha.HistoryThe island housed a community of Augustinian friars starting from 1199. After two centuries, the abandoned island was ceded to the Carthusians, the previous religious edifice being restored from 1490 to 1505. After the Napoleonic conquest of Venice, it became a military installation.The 17th century Castello delle Polveri ("Powder Castle"), the only historical edifice remained today, has been restored from the late 1990s.RedevelopmentIn 2010, plans were revealed for a project called "Parco della Certosa", which would redevelop the abandoned island to include a public green park, a nautical center and training school, as well as restaurants, bars, nature trails and water-based sports facilities. The redevelopment is planned to be implemented in stages, with completion originally scheduled for 2015. However, on 12 June 2012, an F2 tornado struck the island, causing major damage to the island's trees. Restoration activities began the same year. Current plans are for the first stage park to be opened to the public in 2013.